A1 Affordable wants to ensure all moves are stress free. We strive to ensure all items are in tack and left the same way we found them. We also want all interested parties not be tempted so there are certain items we will not move. Below is a list of some liability items that are not covered or should not be moved by our company.
What is NOT Covered
- Jewelry - It would be best to pack and move jewelry yourself.
- Documents/important papers - (marriage licenses, birth certificates, passports etc.)
- Stamp or coin collections - also best to move yourself.
- Large mirrors or pictures not properly packed in a box or crated.
- Inner workings of electronics, appliances, etc., unless there is clear evidence of mishandling of the,item. If the item was handled properly and something does not work after the move, we WILL NOT be held responsible.
- Sentimental items - value cannot be placed on something of sentiment.
- Contents of boxes not packed or unpacked by us unless there is clear evidence of damage to the exterior of the box. (In other words, if the box is dented, crushed, or ripped.) We must pack, transport and unpack a box, all the same day, before we will be held responsible for its contents.
- Software data - The loss of data is not covered.
- Sets of furniture or appliances - If there is a matching set and one piece is damaged, we will be liable to replace or repair (up to your coverage selection) the one piece and it does not have to match the other.
- Photographs or Portraits - These will only be covered for the cost of the film and processing.
- Dangerous goods or liquids - such as cleaning supplies, aerosols, propane, etc. If you pack a dangerous good and it leaks from the box onto one of your items, the mover will not be held responsible in any way.
- Drawers, cabinets, etc. - if not emptied prior to move.
- Glass, granite or marble tops - if not properly boxed or crated.
- Animal mounts - if not properly boxed or crated.
- When the customer, family or friends assist in the loading or unloading of the truck - At no time is anyone allowed on our trucks due to vehicle insurance regulations.
- Rental Trucks or Storage facilities - We are not responsible for items loaded into or unloaded from rental trucks or storage facilities.
- Plants and Animals.
- Particle Board - Any piece of furniture made of particle board or like material.
TxDMV No. 000535403B USDOT
TxDMV Phone: 1-800-299 1700
Start planning your move 8-12 weeks before the date. Many times waiting until the last minute will result in additional stress.
The correct packing material is important to protect your possessions. This will alleviate damage during transit. A1 Affordable Movers offers packing supplies required for your move. We recommend having various size cartons for specific items.