Moving generally is one of the most nerve-racking activities which many of us go through. The thought of packing up and moving to a different location, whether or not it's merely down the street can be quite a nerve-wracking experience. If your move will be across town, state or country, it is usually all the more stressful. For those who have kids, moving them from the comfort of their home, school as well as friends may also lead to stressful conditions. On the other hand, if you plan your move, it will take most of the stress out of the situation.
About two months prior to the actual move date, begin implementing your plan. Just before you start doing other things, search through your belongings and begin eliminating the items you really don't want to take during the move. For those who have furniture that you might want to sell or donate, start planning to get that arranged.
This is the time to retain your mover. It is crucial that you do not wait until the last second to get this done. The end of the month is generally the most frantic time of the month for moving companies, so make certain you have your move scheduled well ahead of time. Holding out until the last second might lead you to make a decision that you may regret. Whenever hiring a Houston Moving Company, you need to make certain you hire a company like A1 Affordable Movers that is licensed, bonded and insured. You should also select a company which has experience A1 Affordable Movers has decades of experience therefore you're going to get the quality of service that you deserve.
As soon as you get about a month away from the moving date, start to pack. Begin with the items you are sure that you will not require in the next month. Packing generally is one of the most difficult tasks involved with your move. For those who try to get it done all at once, you are going to be overwhelmed. If you split it up and work towards it every day, the process is going to be incredibly easier to handle. Additionally begin the task of having any kind of magazine subscriptions changed over to your new home.
Two weeks prior to the move, begin making the final push to have things packed. Make contact with any financial institutions as well as other businesses and start having your address changed over. You may also begin the task of staging your things for the move.
The last couple of days prior to the move, you need to begin unhooking home appliances as well as packing the last of the boxes. Leave unpacked just the bare necessities that you will need to survive with throughout the move. Contact the moving company to ensure that all the final arrangements are all set and that the moving day remains solid.
When you have planned for all of these steps, moving day turns into the easiest part. Your work is complete. Now all you need to do is let your movers carry out the remaining items. Whenever you hire the experts at A1 Affordable Movers, you will know that your Katy Movers or Houston Movers, are going to be professional, courteous, and will take care of your belongings, as if it was their own.
A1 Affordable Movers has been meeting the relocation needs of companies and or businesses in Texas since 1979. We are committed to providing our customers with quality, professional office moving solutions to bring our customers a complete relocation solution. These Packing Tips should help your packing, go smoothly. Packing an office or room can be a tedious task. Proper packing and labeling will help reduce the stress level when you unpack at the new location. These tips below are essential to proper packing. We hope you find this information helpful. If you have a great packing tip you would like to share, please email us at johna@A1AffordableMovers.com.
- Be sure to pack essential items that you will need during the move to take with you.
- All valuables and/or irreplaceable items must be moved by resident.
- Label all boxes with the room name or number you are moving it from.
- Clearly label all boxes on top and side. Label all boxes, large or small, with large print.
- Clothes in drawers can be placed in suitcases, boxes or bags. If using bags, be sure to label them so they are not mistaken for “Trash”. Do no use standard garbage bags! They rip and tear too easily. If you’re going to pack linens and clothing in garbage bags, purchase the thicker heavy ones to ensure they don’t burst during the move.
- Pack all electronic equipment, like stereos, VCR/DVD players, computers, monitors and games in their original boxes or similar boxes.
- Never use duct tape on boxes - Always use packing tape.
- Only use boxes with tops. No tops make it impossible to stack them properly and securely in the truck. Make sure all boxes can close properly and be sealed so the tops are flat. If you over-pack a box, you risk damage to the contents as well as the contents of the other boxes it is stacked on. Always tape the top of boxes shut, don’t interlock the tops.
- Pack important documents separately to be easily accessible including - Children’s health records, passports, family records, insurance information, photo albums, medication and your checkbook.
- Pack a box of essential items that you will need immediately after the move, make sure it is the last box that is added to the truck.
- By law, a moving company can’t transport hazardous materials such as - gasoline, bottled gasses (propane tanks) and other flammables, ammunition or explosives.
- NO MINORS. An adult over the age of 18 must be present at all times during the move.
- If you take apart furniture and other items make sure you place all parts in a small bag and tape all parts to the main base.
- Small, loose items should be boxed or bagged and sealed securely before placing into a larger box. NO miscellaneous items will be moved. If it fits in a box, then it needs to be packed in a box.
- If you own your home, contact your real estate agent to begin the selling process.
- Establish your preferred moving dates.
- Research your new community by using A1 Affordable Movers on-line moving tools.
- Compare school districts.
- Obtain free city reports.
- Use our salary and mortgage calculators to compare.
- Set up a house-hunting trip to your new city.
- Find out if your employer will pay for the move, or will be providing you with a lump sum or a direct reimbursement.
- Have a garage sale or donate goods you do not want to move. This will help you save costs on the move.
- Contact A-1 Affordable Mover's agent to schedule a convenient time for a free estimate.
- Purchase your new home; arrange financing; establish close dates.
- Make a list of everyone you need to notify of your move.
- Obtain change of address cards from your local post office.
- Check with your school on transferring your children’s school records.
- Research driver’s license requirements for the state you are moving to.
- Find out from the IRS or your accountant if moving expenses are tax deductible.
- Contact your insurance agent to discuss your insurance needs for your new home.
- Select a new bank in your new city.
- Begin to organize your medical and dental records.
- Make a decision on whether you will pack yourself or utilize A-1 Affordable Mover professional packing service.
- Begin the packing process if you are doing it yourself.
- Compile all personal records.
- Change your address on credit cards, magazine subscriptions.
- If you have children, arrange for them to be at a babysitter during loading day.
- Arrange to have your utilities disconnected after your move-out day.
- Arrange to connect your utilities the day before your scheduled move-in day.
- Plan to use all the food in your refrigerator and freezer.
- Clean your home and clear basement and attics.
- Cancel all current delivery services such as newspapers.
- Dispose of all flammables, cleaners, paints, aerosols, ammunition, etc.
- Transfer all current prescriptions to your new local pharmacy.
- Clear out your safety deposit box. Transfer bank accounts.
- Be sure that you have packed everything in advance.
- Drain the oil and gasoline from your lawn mower, and other power tools if they are to be moved.
- Confirm your travel arrangements for your family.
- Provide contact phone numbers for your A1 Affordable Mover so that you are accessible during your move.
- Empty and clean your refrigerator, freezer and your stove, etc.
- Only use household items that you’ll need, such as sheets, towels, a few pans and dishes.
- Make sure everything else is ready to be moved.
- Review all paperwork with your A-1 Affordable Mover driver.
- Be available to check off inventory of all items moving.
- Once moving van is loaded, double check that nothing was left in closets, basement, attic, cabinets, drawers, etc.
- Children and pets can be a distraction for the movers, try to ensure you have sitters for both.
TxDMV No. 000535403B USDOT
TxDMV Phone: 1-800-299 1700
Start planning your move 8-12 weeks before the date. Many times waiting until the last minute will result in additional stress.
The correct packing material is important to protect your possessions. This will alleviate damage during transit. A1 Affordable Movers offers packing supplies required for your move. We recommend having various size cartons for specific items.